March 12, 2015
Anna Veligzhanina for Komsomolskaya Pravda
Translated by Kristina Rus
FSB source to “Komsomolskaya Pravda”: “the customer of Nemtsov’s murder was preparing an assassination of Vladimir Putin”
The main suspect in the organization of the high-profile crime – is a commander of the Ukrainian battalion in the name of Dzhokhar Dudayev, Adam Osmayev.
The correspondent of “Komsomolskaya Pravda” met with the FSB agent, who is part of the team investigating the murder of Boris Nemtsov. In an exclusive interview he spoke about the new details of the crime and named the most likely customer of the murder.
The pistol was found
Today the investigators have irrefutable proof that all persons detained on suspicion of murder of the politician are the perpetrators, – said our source in the FSB. First of all, billing (data about calls and movements of the subscriber. – Ed.) from their mobile phones showed that they conducted surveillance of Nemtsov before the murder, following him closely. The suspects were tracked with their phones at the location where Nemtsov was present with his phone. During the murder all the detainees “were in the area”: some under the bridge, some in a car, some nearby.
Zaur Dadaev pulled the trigger. He first made a confession, and then, on the advice of his lawyers, took it back. But it changes nothing, the investigation has already collected compelling evidence of his guilt. I will not give details of how this was done. The pistol was thrown into the river after the crime, it was later recovered by divers. That Zaur Dadaev immediately said to the TV cameras: “I love prophet Muhammad” – is just a cover. There was no religious motive for the killings. They cynically carried out an order. They are far from devout Muslims. In fact, just real gangsters.
And the most important thing. The executor of the murder was in close contact with Adam Osmaev, who recently became the commander of the Ukrainian battalion in the name of Dzhokhar Dudayev. They met, talked a lot on the phone. Zaur Dadaev and his cronies worked with Osmaev on Ukrainian affairs. And also with Chechens, who fought on the territory of Ukraine for the new regime. Zaur Dadaev was listed in the battalion “North” (“Sever”) of the Chechen Interior Ministry, but while serving in it, in fact, was engaged in activities against Russia. He was associated with Osmaev by a certain relationship and mutual obligations.
When the journalists from the Russian TV channel “Life News” were recovered from Ukraine, Zaur Dadaev was involved in this operation. Held direct communication with Osmaev. I don’t have the right to disclose the details. The evidence is still being gathered. But I can say that today the main suspected customer of Nemtsov’s murder is Adam Osmayev.
“The main purpose of the crime is to show Russia in a bad light”
– The perpetrators were told to execute the order in the place where it was committed, – continues our source. – Another words not just to kill him in the alley, but do it in the heart of Moscow across from the Kremlin – deliberately to cause outrage around the world. Before the crime they received the advance payment, it was agreed that the remainder of the money for the “job” will be transferred to their bank account.
– Why did they have to kill Nemtsov, who spoke out against Putin’s policies? It turns out, they had killed their ideological ally!
– [Ultra-] Nationalists and criminals will not stop at anything. To kill their ally for them is not a question of morality. Nemtsov became a bargaining chip. The goal was – to slander Russia, to show it in a bad light, to prevent peace in Donbass (especially after talks with Merkel and Hollande). To show the President of Russia in the eyes of the world community as the “ultimate evil” – to show: look, how he strangled the opposition. The world just began to warm up to Putin’s politics, which he is following in relation to Ukraine. And this cynical murder of Nemtsov has caused a wave of discontent, fueled by the world media. The American and European press immediately began to show this murder in their own light, placing the responsibility on the President of Russia.
Preparing to blow up the President’s motorcade
Adam Osmayev was previously suspected in the attempt to organize the 2012 assassination of Vladimir Putin, at that time a Prime Minister and presidential candidate. Osmayev planned to blow up Putin’s motorcade, which was confirmed by a video, found in his laptop, of Prime Minister’s motorcade travelling through Moscow. Then Osmaev cooperated with the investigation – admitted he came to Odessa from the United Arab Emirates with instructions from field commander Doku Umarov. But in court Osmayev refused to testify, claiming he gave his testimony after a beating. His lawyers wrote a complaint to the Prosecutor’s office and the European Court of Human Rights.
– Osmaev failed to get to Putin himself, but it seems that he did not calm down, – says our source in the FSB. – And later the most accessible target to attack the President was selected – Boris Nemtsov. Nemtsov lately was not seen as an active member of the opposition, was no competition to Putin, but his name was known. The choice of a sacrificial lamb was quite successful. The gangsters do not stop at anything. And gangsters involved in politics is a devilish blend.
– Will Osmaev be charged?
– Now everything is in the stage of investigation and evidence collection. Some of the evidence we already gathered, but I don’t want to tell everything in order not to hinder the investigation.
What was Adam Osmayev “famous” for…
In 2007 in Moscow on the eve of Victory Day a terrorist attack was averted – explosives were found in a parked car. A native of Grozny, Adam Osmayev, a suspect in the case, was arrested in absentia by the Lefortovsky district court of Moscow and declared for international search. The investigation found that Osmayev with a group of Chechens and Ingush was also preparing an assassination on May 9 of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov.
According to the press, after that Osmayev was hiding in the UK, where he was contacted by associates of Doku Umarov and was offered to organize a new terrorist attack. Adam agreed and went to Ukraine with a fake passport. In 2012, he was arrested after an explosion in a rented apartment – the terrorist was preparing homemade bombs. Osman and his “right hand”, a Kazakh citizen, Ilya Pyanzin, admitted: they were preparing an assassination of the head of the government of Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin. The suspects also reported that they recruited fighters for future terrorist attacks in Russia. But later they took back their testimony.
Russia demanded to extradite Adam Osmayev, however, the European Court of Human Rights had blocked it, declaring: “In Russia the detainee may be subjected to torture”. Pyanzin eventually was extradited to Russia, and in September 2013 he was sentenced to ten years in a colony with a strict regime.
On November 18, 2014, the court of Odessa declared a sentence for Osmaev: 2 years and 9 months imprisonment. He was released in the courtroom “for lack of evidence of preparation of assassination” – he was credited the time he already spent in jail. The court room reacted to the sentence of Osmaev with applause, and he, in turn, encouraged them to “protect Ukraine”.
In February of this year Osmayev headed the Ukrainian battalion in the name of Dzhokhar Dudayev, succeeding the general, deceased under Debaltsevo, Isa Munaev.
Dmitry Peskov: In the coming days, the prosecutors will announce the motives for the murder
“We hope that in the coming days all legal formalities will be completed and prosecutors will announce their versions of the murder, will name those who are behind this,” said the President’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov to the journalists of “AP”, answering the question about the prospects of completing the investigation of the murder of Boris Nemtsov.
– You can’t make up a better plan to frame Kadyrov through Osmaev (Kadyrov’s worst enemy) and Dadaev (a traitor), and most importantly to smear Russia
– This looks like the truth. The volunteer battalion is likely curated by the SBU. And SBU is a branch of American special agencies. Classic sacrificial lamb. Technologies of color revolutions are very cynical. The fifth column doesn’t realize that it is just disposable material for the puppet-masters.
– What a present to Kadyrov and Putin – Nemtsov’s murder! How could Kadyrov be so fooled!
– If you continue down the trail, it might lead to the UK or Americans
Another important point to make, is that although in Russia Nemtsov was virtually forgotten, except to the old-timers and his direct followers (he complained that he has not been on Russian TV in 8 years), Nemtsov was quite popular in Ukraine, and was frequently invited on Ukrainian TV as a Putin’s critic and a supporter of the current regime, creating a perception that he was a major opposition player in Russia. Although it is true that Nemtsov was in charge of organizing the anti-Putin rallies in Russia, he himself admitted in personal conversations in his wire taps that he had no future chances in politics, because of his disastrous track record in the 1990’s, when he was a Deputy Prime Minister at the time of the economic collapse in 1998. It is possible that to Ukrainian and foreign observers Nemtsov’s importance looked more exaggerated then it was in reality, making him a likely candidate for a sacrificial lamb.
No matter how little attention was paid to Nemtsov by the Russian media, there is no one that the Western mainstream media can not make a celebrity overnight (even after their death) – and it was achieved.
The investigation, of course, learned about the connection to Ukraine much earlier. We can wonder if Putin tried to withhold these revelations until two weeks after the murder and after the Western media had a chance to pour all the dirt that they had on Putin and Russia, ending with the European Parliament resolution to demand independent investigation.
Now Putin can get his popcorn and watch the West change their tune after the trail lead to Ukraine. Perhaps they will try to quickly forget about it and ignore it, just like the Boeing.