in Parti de Gauche, April 22, 2015
April 25, 2015
Translated from French by Tom Winter
The visit of Poroshenko to the Elysée is a shame for the Republic
The Ukrainian president Poroshenko will be welcomed today by François Hollande to ask his support against Russia. The president of the Republic should have refused this meeting. In effect, France does not have to blindly follow the warmonger interests of the United States. The very home of the Rights of Man cannot be rolling out the red carpet for a regime so negationist and criminal.
Mr. Hollande will have numerous matters to bring up with Poroshenko:
• The condemnation by the Wiesenthal Center for the neo-nazi and revisionist slide in Kiev;
• The epidemic of assassinations, “suicides” and “accidents” falling upon opponents of the Kiev regime;
• The naming of Dmitri Yarosh (leader of Pravy Sektor, neo-nazi paramilitary organization) as special counsel to the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian army;
• The repeated and violent breaches of the cease-fire negotiated at Minsk;
• The crimes at Odessa and the daily lynchings throughout the country by obscurantist forces close the the regime;
• The “anti-terrorist” operations of the Kiev regime that have caused the death of 6,000 civilians, 20,000 casualties, and more than a million refugees, 92 % of them to Russia;
• The refusal of Ukraine (with the United States and Canada) to vote to condemn the glorification of nazism;
• The collapse of the Ukrainian economy and the state’s failing which is going to cost the EU 20 billion euros a year;
• The plundering of the economy by oligarchs whose level of corruption is unequaled in the region according to observers intermediary between the EU and the IMF.
In the light of these points, the President of the French Republic would have done better to ponder the fact that NATO’s military adventurism in Ukraine threatens peace in Europe.
But for that, he would need to have a geostrategic vision for France and to have read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
For another French political party that does not have blinders on, see https://www.fort-russ.com/2015/04/13/french-party-cries-shame-on-supporting/