Translated from Russian by J.Hawk
Even Ukraine’s ambassador to Poland and the former Maidan head of the MFA Deshchitsa, known for his loud rendition of “Putin — f***head” in front of the Russian embassy, admitted that “Duda’s election means UPA-related problems for Ukraine.”
“Ukraine will receive support from Andrzej Duda, who won the presidential election in Poland, but only after resolving matters of contention related to history, especially the assessment of the activities of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA),” the amassador said dejectedly. He believes that Poland will raise the UPA issue more energetically.
“I think that Andrzej Duda understands the situation in Ukraine. He said that many times in his public appearances during the campaign, and also during televised debates. Duda spoke in favor of Ukraine’s eurointegration, of its EU membership. But we have to keep in mind that Duda is a member of the traditionalist and conservative political establishment. Therefore historical conflicts will be on the agenda in our relationship. Especially when it comes to UPA.”
Therefore in the immediate future the Ukrainian parliament will have to reconsider UPA’s role in WW2 and rewrite the law on the historical mission of Bandera’s followers that was so ostentatiously adopted. Poland will not talk to official Kiev unless that happens. With that in mind, Poroshenko already promised to change the “UPA law” and de-heroize the glorious warriors of Stepan Bandera. Otherwise Kiev will not see any Polish humanitarian or military aid, the creation of the joint Lithuanian-Polish-Ukrainian brigade in order to inculcate NATO standards, reform implementation assistance, and the financial modernization of infrastructure on the Polish-Ukrainian border. In general, things are returning to normal: Ukraine is trading in its UPA heroes for zlotys and euros.
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-10-30
- On Course for a Coup
- MAJOR: Azerbaijan Uses Banned White Phosphorus Munitions in Nagorno-Karabakh (VIDEO)
- MAJOR: US Military Helicopter Goes Down in Syria
- Azerbaijan ‘Shoots Down’ 427th Armenian Su-25 Jet
- MAJOR: Russiagate Hoax Source Revealed As Alcoholic Disgruntled Russian PR Exec in Cyprus
- India Declines Purchase of US Armed Predator-B Drones, Says US is Not an Ally
- MAJOR: ATF Gets Involved in Philadelphia Riots as Possible Car Bomb Sparks Alarm
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-10-26
- New Revelations Shed Light on British Hand Behind Five Eyes