Screen grab from video at site:
Frédéric Saillot via AGORA VOX on May 14, 2015
Translated from French by Tom Winter on May 15, 2015
Yatsenyuk acknowledges perpetrating genocide in the Donbass
The courtyard of Matignon, after his meeting with Valls May 13:
1. Frédéric Saillot for Eurasie Express (In English): Mr. Yatsenyuk, when will you stop the genocide in Donbass?
Yatsenyuk: When Putin pulls back, implements the Minsk deals, and stops the violation of international law. And when Russia will be brought to justice.
You killed 6 to 10,00 people. Are you going to continue?
Yatsenyuk: It’s awful, when Putin put in place a nationalist extreme right policy. He killed innocent Ukrainians and illegally annexed Crimea.
YOU killed innocent Ukrainians, you killed 6,000 to 10,000 civilian people.
2. A French journalist (In English): What is your view of the talks on Ukraine that the Americans held with the Russians in Sochi yesterday?
Yatsenyuk: You know, I haven’t seen anything on CNN on the trip of Mr. John Kerry to Russia. My message is that Sochi is not the best resort in the world. The US is effective and we strongly rely on our unity and the US administration adamantly supporting Ukraine and supporting peace and stability and inducing Russia to support the peace deal and just making Russia pull back its forces from Ukraine.
3. To a question from RFI (In Russian):
Yatsenyuk: The current concentration of forces raises the question of opportunity (sic) of renewed fighting and the duties of the entire free world to stop and to force Russia to respect the Minsk agreements it has also signed.
Yatsenyuk admits perpetrating a genocide so that “Putin pulls back.” He keeps on and indicates that the fighting will resume.
1. Where the video differs from the French reporter’s transcript/translation into French, I transcribed Yatsenyuk’s English.
2. Yatsenyuk says nothing “off script” — he was just not ready for a press that is no longer covering up for the deeds of Kiev.
3. German media aren’t covering for Kiev any more either. Note also https://www.fort-russ.com/2015/05/15/german-state-tv-not-buying-wha/