1,500 bots left comments on Poroshenko’s Facebook page


August 28, 2017 – Fort Russ News –

– Novosinform, translated by Tom Winter –

1500 bots on Poroshenko’s Facebook page.

On the Facebook page of the president of Ukraine Poroshenko more than 1.5 thousand bots — who regularly leave comments under his posts — have been uncovered

- Advertisement -

As a result of the analysis of Poroshenko’s page, during his presidency more than 79 thousand unique users of the social network wrote at least one comment on his official page between June 2014 and May 2017. In total, they made about 176,000 notes.

98 percent of the commentators are real people. And the remaining 2 percent are bots that left about 26,000 of the comments, or 15 percent of all records.

Thus, every sixth commentary under Poroshenko’s posts is left by the bots. In the comments on the page of the President of Ukraine 388 positive bots were noted, or 27 percent, negative – 29 percent. The rest do not have any predominant tonality.

The information agency Novorossiya has reported about the use of bots by Ukrainian politicians. It was also reported that Americans are actively introducing bots into the Russian segment of the Internet. In July, Poroshenko, Deidei and Saakashvili were caught using bots in social networks.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.