August 22, 2017 – Fort Russ News – by Paul Antonopoulos
More than 170 civilians have been killed in the war-ravaged city of Raqqa in the last week by US-led airstrikes against ISIS, according to the so called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
The England-based war monitor said that at least 42 people, including 19 children and 12 women, were killed on Monday alone.
This marks the single biggest atrocity by the US-led coalition since the Syrian Democratic Forces, an anti-ISIS militia made predominately by Kurdish fighters, began their campaign to expel the terrorist group from Raqqa.
The anti-Syrian government and anti-ISIS activist group “Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently” has claimed that the US-led coalition has killed at least 946 deaths in Raqqa since the Syrian Democratic Forces in collaboration with the US-led coalition began their campaign to expel ISIS from Raqqa in June.
The coalition however claimed that was taking every precaution to not target civilians.
“The Coalition respects human life and is assisting partner forces in their effort to liberate their land from ISIS while safeguarding civilians. Our goal is always for zero civilian casualties,” the Pentagon said in a statement to Reuters.