October 7, 2017 – Fort Russ News – Paul Antonopoulos
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced the start of a military operation in the northwestern Syrian province of Idlib with the aim of “restoring stability and security”.
The operation however remains unnamed but earlier today Fort Russ News published a video and photographs of Turkey preparing for the operation to defeat Al-Qaeda affiliated groups in the province.
The aims of the operation goes as follows:
– Ensure lasting peace and stability on the border region.
– Prevent the strengthening of groups that Turkey opposes.
– Ensure the ceasefire declared in the de-escalation zone endures.
– Stop a new wave of Syrian migrants to Turkey.
– Stop the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) militia from opening a corridor that can reach the Mediterranean.