- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-10-18
- Erdogan Claims Russia, US, France Are Arming Armenia, Russia Raises Issue of Pro-Turkish Terrorists in Artsakh (VIDEO)
- US Developing a Nearly 2,000 km Range Cannon ‘to Counter Russia, China and North Korea’
- TIT FOR TAT: China Passes Law Restricting Sensitive Technology Export to US
- Rogue News Interview: Chaos is the Ladder
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-10-17
- It’s war on Russia, and The West’s game plan for it is public
- White House Rejects Putin’s Offer to Extend New START
- The FRN Daily News Brief 2020-10-16
- A VISIT TO A TOWN OF PEOPLE BURIED ALIVE: ‘ONLY MOSCOW CAN SAVE US CHRISTIANS’
AFRIN, Syria – Syrian forces are to be deployed to Afrin canton in northwest Syria with local authorities to be taken over by the Syrian government.
Afrin is currently controlled by the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) who had initially refused to allow the Syrian government to take over the administration of the region.
A Syrian Democratic Units (SDF) spokesman confirmed it as well.
“The Syrian army will enter Afrin on Monday,” said Sheikho bello, a leader of the Kurdish Democratic party, adding that “the aim of entering the city is to protect and defend it.”
This comes as the Turkish military and its Syrian jihadist proxies are engaging the YPG in intense battles.
Ankara considers the YPG to be a terrorist organization.
Despite all reports saying the Syrian Army, Syrian journalist Kevork Almassian explained that a source close to him as said the National Defense Forces (NDF) will be moved to Afrin city.
The NDF is an Iranian-organized militia comprising of local Syrians whose main tasks are to defend cities and towns.