Most Americans support new meeting between US & Russian leaders, Trump SLAMS fake news

0 1,309

Most US citizens support the idea of ​​having another summit between President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to information collected by a new poll.

About 54 percent of respondents said they support Trump’s plan for another summit with Putin, according to research by American Barometer, a joint project of The Hill and HarrisX, which was released on Monday. On the other hand, the survey also points out that 46% of voters opposed the idea.

Most respondents, 61%, also think that good relations with Russia are in the interest of the United States. The survey was conducted online during a two-day period of July 21-22 between a sample randomly selected from about 1,000 American voters.

Meanwhile, a CBS News poll recently showed that most Americans do not approve of how Donald Trump dealt with his meeting with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

According to this survey, 32% of Americans approved of how Trump handled the summit, while 55% disapproved.

- Advertisement -

This also comes as Trump said on Monday he was satisfied with the progress of negotiations with North Korea.

“A Rocket has not been launched by North Korea in 9 months. Likewise, no Nuclear Tests. Japan is happy, all of Asia is happy. But the Fake News is saying, without ever asking me (always anonymous sources), that I am angry because it is not going fast enough. Wrong, very happy!” Trump said from his Twitter.

At the June 12 summit in Singapore, leaders from the United States and North Korea sat at the negotiating table after months of tension, insults and threats. They made a commitment to resume bilateral relations and ensure peace on the Korean peninsula.

Trump also agreed to suspend US military exercises on the Korean peninsula with their South Korean counterparts and provided security guarantees to Pyongyang, while Kim reiterated his country’s commitment to denuclearization, easing tensions.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments