RUSSIAN AIR FORCE SHOWS NO MERCY: Smashes jihadist positions in Idlib

7 5,268

The Russian Ministry of Defense has released videos of air strikes carried out by the Russian Aerospace Force against terrorist positions in Idlib province. The expert Grigory Lukyanov explained that these attacks are needed precisely now.

According to the official representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, Igor Konashenkov, on September 4, four Russian aircraft took off from the Hmeymim air base and carried out high-precision attacks against targets of the terrorist group Al-Nusra Front in the Syrian province of Idlib.

The representative added that all attacks by the Russian Aerospace Force were carried out exclusively against confirmed terrorist targets located far from settlements. Igor Konashenkov detailed that two Su-34 Russians have eliminated a factory of arms production of the terrorists.

University lecturer Grigory Lukyanov, an expert on Middle Eastern affairs, explained that the Russian Aerospace Force is now conducting air strikes against targets on Idlib.

“For more than a year, militant groups from other de-escalating areas were led to Idlib, which meant that significant forces of both radical and less radical groups had been concentrated in the territory of the province. There are heavy weapons, but at the same time they have more motivated combatants, and therefore, in order to eliminate the threat they pose, it is necessary to use all possible resources,” said the analyst.

Lukyanov says that although better prepared government forces are already concentrating near Idlib, they need serious air support, which is provided by the Aerospace Force.

- Advertisement -

The expert presented his prediction on the development of the situation in Idlib.

“It is likely that after the talks in Tehran on 7 September between the presidents of the three Syrian resolution countries (Russia, Iran and Turkey), the intensity of attacks on militant positions in Idlib province will increase. It cannot be ruled out that Russian navy ships carrying out drills in the eastern Mediterranean will not participate in the operation, all of which will minimize the casualties of Syrian government forces in the case of the offensive in idlib province,” Lukyanov explained.

The territory of the Syrian province of Idlib remains the last major region of the country not controlled by government troops or Kurdish forces. Previously, thanks to the countries involved in the conflict resolution, one of the de-escalation zones was created.

Donald Trump said the possible offensive by Syrian government troops would be “a grave humanitarian disaster.” The Russian Foreign Ministry stressed that the situation would be clarified after the summit of Russia, Turkey and Iran on September 7.

In recent days, the situation around Syria has worsened. Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said independent sources said the terrorists in the Tahrir al-Sham group are preparing a provocation in Idlib to blame Damascus for using chemical weapons against civilians.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments