The Ukrainian Armed Forces are preparing an offensive in Donbass, said the official representative of the operational command of the self-proclaimed People’s Republic of Donetsk, Eduard Basurin.
“Our specialists are conducting an analysis of the directive of the occupation chief of staff, Zaluzhny, which is being released on social networks, on the preparation of and compliance with the confidentiality regime in preparation for the offensive. According to information from the Joint Forces staff, this document is genuine,” said Basurin.
According to him, such data are further proof of “the preparation of the Ukrainian regime for the occupation of southern DPR.”
Basurin also stressed that the armed forces are reinforcing their grouping in the direction of Mariupol.
“Our sources at the 128th Mountain Infantry Brigade report that the brigade detachments have been handed over to the highest level of readiness and are actively supplying their reserves of material means and ammunition,” said the command’s representative.
He added that the fighters of the Azov National Battalion were ordered to “focus on issues of conducting urban warfare.” For him, in case of serious deterioration of the situation in Donbass, the DPO could mobilize reservists.
Earlier, Basurin announced a possible offensive by the Ukrainian military after the assassination of Alexandr Zakharchenko. The operation could allegedly start on September 14.
Zakharchenko was killed on Friday in a bomb attack at a restaurant in the center of the city of Donetsk. The DPR authorities acknowledged Zakharchenko’s assassination as an attack. A number of suspicious people were arrested and found that this had been an operation by Kiev. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Security Service has denied allegations of involvement in the crime.