US Preparing a New Intervention in Venezuela But Maduro Will Overcome Imperialist Aggression
CARACAS, Venezuela – Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza has published on Twitter a statement saying that Caracas expresses its rejection and denounces a new phase of the US interventionist plan.
The Venezuelan chancellor also stated in a note that “in recent days the US government has unleashed a series of hostile actions based on false assumptions, which seek to manipulate the truth.”
“The Bolivarian Government of Venezuela denounces before the international community the attempt by the US Government to conclude a coup against the constitutional and democratic government of President Nicolás Maduro, promoting the ignorance of legitimate institutions,” Arreaza wrote.
El Gobierno Bolivariano de Venezuela denuncia ante la comunidad internacional el intento del Gobierno de EEUU por consumar un Golpe de Estado contra el gobierno constitucional y democrático del Presidente Nicolás Maduro, al promover el desconocimiento de instituciones legítimas pic.twitter.com/aqTv0iMAzE
— Jorge Arreaza M (@jaarreaza) January 6, 2019
On Saturday, the Venezuelan chancellor also accused members of the Lima Group of encouraging a coup against President Nicolas Maduro, stating that they do not recognize his presidential mandate.
Earlier this year, the Venezuelan government had also condemned the actions of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who urged Latin American countries to increase pressure on the Venezuelan president, the Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
This is not the first time that the Venezuelan government accuses other countries in the South American continent of being subject to the decisions taken by Washington, and claims that Caracas is the main target of the White House’s aggression for opposing American projects.
Arreaza accused members of the Lima Group of encouraging a coup against President Nicolás Maduro.
“A group of countries in the American continent … agreed to encourage a coup in Venezuela in an unparalleled event in the history of the region to try to ignore both the democratically elected government and the legitimately constituted institutions,” the minister told Venezuelan state television.
The Venezuelan minister replied to the statement that 13 countries from the 14 members of the so-called Lima Group indicate that they do not recognize the legitimacy of Maduro’s new presidential term and urge the president not to take the position and transfer the powers of the Executive Branch until elections are held.
Mexico was the only country that did not sign the declaration.
Arreaza said in his speech that such a demonstration will not prevent President Maduro from assuming his new term as scheduled.
“The Republic of Venezuela is pleased to inform that on January 10 President Nicolás Maduro Moros will take legitimate and constitutional possession of the presidency of the republic for the period between 2019 and 2025 in perfect harmony with the established in the Constitution of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, which does not require the consent of any foreign government, “he added.
In addition, he pointed out that on May 20, Maduro was re-elected in accordance with all Venezuelan electoral regulations, with 67% of the votes validated by the National Electoral Council and 43.69% of the popular participation.